Month : Aug. 2006 – to till date
Designation : ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
Institution : ITS Paramedical College, Dept. of Physiotherapy,Delhi Meerut Road, Muradnagar, Ghaziabad, U.P.
• Responsible for organizing clinical learning for undergraduate & PG students.
• Planning and organizing Intra-unit case conferences for students.
• Student internship programme and clinical training in-charge.
• Placement cell coordinator.
• Responsible for administrative work in academics and clinicals
• Programme coordinator for undergraduate & PG students
Month : November2002-july2004
Designation : Clinical Therapist and Consultant.
Institution : D.R.S Physiotherapy Clinic,Chennai, Tamil Nadu
• Provision of tailored therapy services (acute & chronic Rehabilitation) for a wide range of clientele specific to the units based on detailed evaluation, goal setting and treatment planning
• Treatment planning & implementation
• Patient/caretaker education
• Home Programs
• Communication/discussion with other health team members
Research & Publication
1. PARKINSONISM- A project report submitted to The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai. In partial fulfillment of the requirements for the Degree of Bachelor of Physiotherapy.
2. THE EFFECT OF MANUAL HYPERINFLATION ON TOTAL STATIC COMPLIANCE OF LUNG IN MECHANICALLY VENTILATED CARDIAC SURGERY PATIENTS.-Published in Indian Journal of Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy, 2010
3. EFFECT OF MUSIC INTERVENTION IN STRESS RESPONSE ON CARDIAC SURGERY PATIENTS.
4. THE EFFECT OF POST EXERCISE CARDIOVASCULAR RESPONSE ON DIFFERENT EXERCISE INTENSITY IN HYPERTENSIVE PATIENTS
1. The Effect of Body Positioning on Peak Expiratory Flow Monitoring in Asthmatic Patients.
2. The Effect of Hypocaloric Diet on Anthropometry, BMI, Thoracic measurement and Airway Function in Adult Obese Patient.
3. Determining the Effects of Swiss Ball Exercises on Physiological Function in Normal Individual.
4. Effect of Body Position on peak expiratory flow monitoring and physiological reponses in post operative cardiac surgery patients.
5. Effect of Surface Functional Electrical stimulation of abdominal muscle on cough capacity and pulmonary functions in upper thoracic spinal cord injury.
6. Effect of Inspiratory Muscle training on respiratory muscle function and dyspnoea in high thoracic spinal cord injury patients.
7. Effect of two different cleaning tools on HR, Pain, BPD (body part discomfort) scale, RPE on borg scale and attitude scale in healthy indian ladies.
Additional Information & Other Activities
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES
1. Been an External Examiner for UG & PG and Paper Setter at Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak, Haryana.
2. Been an External Examiner for UG & PG course at Kurukshetra University, Haryana.
3. Been an External and Internal Examiner for UG & PG at Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut, U.P.
4. Been an External examiner and Paper Setter at Maharishi Markendasvar University, Ambala, Haryana.
5. Been an External examiner at Jamia Milia Islamia University, New Delhi.
6. Been an External examiner for PG at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
7. Nominated as an Research Ethical committee at Amity University, Noida.
8. Appointed as an Inspection committee for college affiliation at Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut, U.P.
9. Appointed as an Inspection panel for PG recognition college in Indian Association of Physiotherapist.
10. Judged and Chaired many National and International conferences.
1. Presented a paper on Investigations and their importance in Cardio Pulmonary Conditions. Delhi Tamil Sangam, New Delhi 11th Nov., 2006 organized by IAMR Ghaziabad, U.P.
2. 45th Annual conference, The Indian Association of Physiotherapists held at Kolkata on 2nd to 4th Feb., 2007, presented a Research paper. The effect of manual hyperinflation on total static compliance of the lung in mechanically ventilated cardiac surgery patients.
3. Key Speaker and conducted a Physiotherapy workshop on Traumatic Brain Injury at JPN Apex Trauma Centre, AIIMS New Delhi 28th- 30th Nov, 2008.
4. Guest Speaker in Vimhans Hospital organized a workshop “The role of Physiotherapy in Intensive Care Management”, on March 17th-18th 2009.
5. Resource person for the conference organized by Sports and Fitness Training Federation of India on Oct 10th & 11th 2009, National science centre, New Delhi.
6. Speaker in Physiotherapy workshop on Advanced Trends in Physiotherapy at JPN Apex Trauma Centre, AIIMS New Delhi 12th- 15th Nov, 2009.
7. Key Speaker in ICU MANAGEMENT conducted at Vimhans Hospital, New Delhi on mach 27th 2011.
WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENCES ATTENDED
1. PhysioFest – 99, The Tamil Nadu Inter-Physiotherapy Meet organized by Govt. of Physiotherapy Chennai on 14th-15th Aug, 1999.
2. Attended a continuing physical therapy education programme organized by Indian Association of Physiotherapist Erode Branch, Tamil Nadu at Erode on 27th Aug, 2000.
3. Attended an International Neurology update 2004, held at India Habitat center, New Delhi on Sep, 25th-26th 2004.
4. Swami Vivekananda National Institute of Rehabilitation Training and Research, Cuttack, Orissa has conducted the workshop on Manual Therapy in Cervical Spine, 6th-7th Oct., 2005
5. Attended a Stem Cell Therapy CME conducted by the Department of Medical Oncology and Cardio Thoracic Vascular Surgery at All India Institute Medical Science, New Delhi 26th – 27th Nov. 2005.
6. International Symposium on Cardiovascular Diseases, Stroke and Diabetes organized by Departments of Cardiology, Neurology and Endocrinology at All India Institute Medical Science, New Delhi on 17th-18th Feb, 2006
7. CME on cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy organized by the Institute of Applied Medicines and Research, Ghaziabad on 11th Nov, 2006
8. International Seminar – Corporate Health Issue and Therapeutic Management organized by Department of Therapies and health science, Faridabad Institute of Technology, Faridabad on 27th-28th Jan, 2007.
9. Attended a 45th Annual Conference of the Indian Associated of Physiotherapist held from 2nd- 4th Feb., 2007 at Science City, Kolkata.
10. National Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy conference 2007 organized by college of Applied education and Health Science held at Hamdard Convention Centre, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi on 27th-28th Oct., 2007
11. Attended a 46th Annual Conference of the Indian Associated of Physiotherapist held on 10th-12th Jan, 2008 at Dehradun, Uttrakhand
12. Attened a workshop on Taping Technique in Sports injury at I.T.S PMC Ghaziabad, Sep 28th 2008.
13. Guest of Honour at Third National Pediatric Habilitation workshop on 14th Dec, 2008 organized by Institute of Child Development
14. Organizing Secretary- International Workshop on Gait Analysis Feb 06th - 08th, 2009 Organized by I.T.S PMC, Ghaziabad.
15. Guest Speaker and attended a workshop in Vimhans Hospital organized a workshop “The role of Physiotherapy in Intensive Care Management”, on March 17th-18th 2009.
16. Resource person and attended for the conference organized by Sports and Fitness Training Federation of India on Oct 10th & 11th 2009, National science centre, New Delhi.
17. Speaker in Physiotherapy workshop on Advanced Trends in Physiotherapy and attended a conference on TRAUMA 2009 at JPN Apex Trauma Centre, AIIMS New Delhi 12th- 15th Nov, 2009.
18. Attended a Hand on Workshop on Neurodevelopment Technique and Sensory Integration Organized by Delhi society for the welfare of the Special Children, okhla centre, New Delhi, on 16th-19th Dec 2009.
19. Speaker in Physiotherapy workshop on Chest Trauma in Physiotherapy and attended a conference on TRAUMA 2010 at JPN Apex Trauma Centre, AIIMS New Delhi 26th- 28th Nov, 2010.
20. Invited to chair the scientific session and select the best paper presentation in both UG & PG categories in the field of Cardio and Neuro physiotherapy in Annual National Conference & Workshop Physical Therapy 2011 held at AIIMS New Delhi, 4th-10th Feb 2011
21. Organized a four days CPE (Continuing Physiotherapy Education) in I.T.S College of Physiotherapy, Ghaziabad, from 7th-10th Dec 2011.
22. Attended an International Conference on Ergonomics and Human factors in Chennai IIT from 13TH -17TH Dec 2011.
23. Invited to chair the scientific session and select the best paper presentation in both UG & PG categories in the field of Cardiopulmonary in 50th IAP Annual Conference held at Sirifort, New Delhi, March 16th-18th 2012.
24. Organized PHYSIOCON-2012 with a motto of MOVING PHYSIOTHERAPY FORWARD in I.T.S College of Physiotherapy, Ghaziabad, from 16th-21st April 2012.
• Member of Indian Association of Physiotherapists – L 100031
• Member of Charted Society of Physiotherapist
• Member of Delhi Council of Physiotherapist and Occupational therapist