HR CONCLAVE 2022 ON “HR TRANSFORMATION IN AGILE BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT”
November 05, 2022
I.T.S School of Management, Ghaziabad organized HR Conclave 2022 on the theme “HR Transformation in Agile Business Environment” in association with HR Sampark on Saturday, 5th November, 2022.
The distinguished guests for the inaugural session included, Shri Arpit Chadha, Patron and Vice Chairman, I.T.S The Education Group, Dr. Aquil Busrai, CEO, Busrai Consulting as Chief Guest and Mr Rajnish Julka, Head of Corporate Affairs, PT. Panca Amara Utama, Jakarta as Guest of Honour.
The session began with the address of Shri Arpit Chadha, Patron and Vice Chairman, I.T.S The Education Group wherein he said that change is constant and; therefore adaptability and innovation are key to success. He also laid emphasis on active learning and active listening as important skills for students to develop. Brightened up the environment of auditorium with his words, providing a spark to the students by telling them to get the best of the best, and to give values to life books and experience.
In his keynote address, Dr. Aquil Busrai took the opportunity to build on the foundation provided by plucking out examples from his own career tracing out the path ahead.
Mr Rajnish Julka, addressed the forum as he broke down the concept of agility while tracing out the evolution of HR in a world that was rapidly adopting newer technologies.
In his address, Director (PR) Shri Surinder Sood stressed on the new vistas opening before the students and why they needed to grasp this opportunity right at the outset.
In her welcome address by Dr. Timira Shukla, Director where she outlined the role played by HR in the a changing environment and why agility was a virtue in this context. Prof. Durba Roy, Associate Vice President, CRC, gave the overview of the programme, urging all to understand the necessity for greater agility.
It was a very productive and energising start to the day’s proceedings with the students looking forward to unearthing more pearls of wisdom in the forthcoming sessions.
Session 1 of HR conclave had Dr. Runa Maitra, Founder and Director, People Talent International, as the moderator.The other discussants were Ms. Rashmi Chauhan, Director and Head -Talent Acquisition, Rategain; Ms Parul Arora, HR Manager,Innodata Inc; Mr Akshay Bhargava, Regional HR Manager, Dabur Ltd.; and Mr Atul Tiwari, CHRO, Spice Money.
The panel discussion was based on the topic of “Leadership and Culture in an Agile Business Environment”:
· Dr. Maitra set the tone for the discussion to and emphasized on the paradigm changes in leadership and culture.
· Ms. Chauhan talked about adaptability, flexibility and 3C’s i.e collaboration, commitment and communication.
· Mr Tiwari shared his opinion on how to know and show the way in this agile business environment.
· Ms Arora linked up the survival in a business environment with family, sports and learning, which she referred to using the acronym FSL. She also spoke about how to sustain in the agile business environment.
· Mr Bharghav opined about how to develop leadership qualities among the students.
· Last but not the least, Mr Sukrit summarised the mantra of life as Be Aware. He also shared his views on investment, attendance and comfort.
Session II was moderated by Mr. Neeraj Narang, Director – HCM Product Strategy, with the other distinguished speakers being Mr. Amit Raj, HR Lead APAC, CBRE; Mr. Pranay Chaturvedi, Head IR and Administration, NWS Pvt Ltd.; Mr. Amit Pareenja, Director Global Learning, Tata Communications; Mr. Varinder Singh, Manager, HR Fortum; and Mr. Nandan Singh, Regional Manager Business Development, National Stock Exchange of India Limited
The panel discussion was based on the topic of “Digitalization of HR in Agile Business Environment”:
· Mr. Narang summarised by speaking about the importance of two way communication.
· Mr Pareenja referred to the role played by technology in HR. He provided example of the role played by organisations like Microsoft.
· Mr. Chaturvedi concentrated on issues in digitilisation in terms of transition from manual system.
· Mr. Amit Raj dealt with various technological issues in decision making.
· Mr. Virinder held forth on the STAR model.
· Mr. Nandan talked about how pandemic necessitate the usage of digital platforms which revolutionized the work in all sphere.
The participants shared views on how digital HR helps to transform into an agile business entity. They talked about how technology had changed the communication system in the field of HR. They further give their views on how digitalisation and agility with respect to HR field go hand in hand. The discussion also focused on hyper awareness, informed decision making and fast execution. It further proceeded to how technology eases complex tasks, making the recruitment process simpler as it reduces the paper work.
The Conclave came to an end with deep insights on HR transformation in agile business environments and how to enhance HR analytics. There were interesting questions from students which the experts answered comprehensively. The sessions were highly interactive and participants appreciated the ideas delivered by the speakers.